“…the product on the 747 that United flies to Australia is not an acceptable level of product”
“And I know that, I recognise that. But United on its own didn’t have the money to invest in that product. Now (with the United-Continental merger) it does, and we will.” “You have to invest, because the price of not investing is that you lose business”
Great news. I look forward to hearing more.
In the meantime if you are flying between Australia and USA or vice versa, choose any of the following:
- Air New Zealand first (they are also Star Alliance)
- Qantas is not as nice as Air NZ but a million times better than United. Fares are usually competitive. Feel free to spend more however! You will be glad you did for Air NZ or Qantas
- V Australia also do the route – while I have not flown them, they are reputed to be excellent and again would have to be far far better than United. I am going to sample V Australia next month.
- If you want to go via Tahiti, Air Tahiti Nui according to my sister are great
- Air Pacific takes you via Fiji. Acceptable if not aging product, Fiji politics aside