In today’s modern world, it is infuriating the inconsistency in wireless internet access in airports. There are four types of airports in my experience:
- Airports with no wireless internet (mostly regional)
- Airports with free wireless internet (these are airports I like)
- Airports with one internet wireless carrier that you have to purchase airtime from (these are airports I dislike a lot)
- Airports with multiple internet carriers that allow you to choose a carrier you may have a monthly plan with
The third option is frustrating because you have to sign up a new carrier for that airport. In some cases, the carrier charges extortionate rate (sorry $10 an hour is extortionate). Sometimes you can roam with your own home carrier but I find roaming charges are extraordinary.
Heres a fantastic list of airports with wireless! NB It is US focused.
I would like:
1. free wireless in all airports