This is a Trip Report about my first Tiger Airways Australia flight after their recent resumption. Tiger was grounded by CASA, the Australian Air safety agency for six weeks for a number of offences. They only started flying again three weeks ago. Their CEO lost his job over the groundings.
I have previously rated Tiger very poorly and indicated I was not in a hurry to fly them again.
Today’s Trip Report: Tiger Airways TT 618: 17:40h Melbourne to Sydney- which I missed. This is the sixth flight I have ever missed in my life. This is not bad considering I have had 788 flights! On three occasions, missing the flights was not my fault but I do take responsibility for three!
|Tiger Melbourne opening|
I understand strict cut offs for check in. I acknowledge I need to check my travel confirmation more closely. Today, however, Tiger could have done better. Why could some allowance have not been made for the following reasons:
- there were only two passengers affected- in an empty check in area
- it was a mere three minutes after check in has closed
- both passengers were unaware of the 45 minute check in rule
- Tiger have a need to rebuild a brand in Australia
If they had given me a polite warning about their strict check in policy and allowed me on, this would have resulted in:
- the young student and I getting to our destination
- less stress for us (and staff?)
- taking up less time than the argument with the supervisor
- potentially keeping me as a customer (slim chance I know!)
- turning this blog into a more pedestrian Trip Report of a Melbourne-Sydney flight with Tiger Airways Australia
They may have won this battle but now? Nothing will get me back on Tiger’s crowded uncomfortable planes flying out of tacky cheap terminals! Their demise wont be missed a lot, I am sorry.
Qantas: Adelaide to Melbourne
I misread my paper ticket and arrived after the plane had left. Qantas put me onto the next flight.
American Airlines: St Louis to Philadelphia
In the midst of the obsessive post 2001 obsession over security, I was scheduled to be processed for a special security check, The check took so long due to a shortage of staff, that I missed my flight even though I was checked in and in the airport. I talked myself onto the next flight
United Airlines: Oklahoma City to Dallas
To be honest, I chose to be late to the airport for Social reasons! United put me on the next flight.
2004 and 2011
Southwest Airlines: Los Angeles
I missed my connections because my planes out of Australia were delayed- fog in 2004 and a failed engine in 2011. Southwest moved me onto next available flight.