There were some great travel related gigs, tricks and prinks this year.
Virgin Australia launched Kid Class. I actually think it was a mighty fine idea -without the bubbles
The London Eye announced it would convert two of its capsules into luxury studio penthouses, which would rotate 48 times a day, giving people a view of the English capital along with Champagne on request and a personal pillow fluffer.
Citipark UK launched left-handed ticket barriers.
Google made a mess of their mic drop one but got it right with Searchable Socks, bluetooth-enabled socks. If you can’t find one sock, you press the beacon and Google Search app will cause the missing sock to sing this song to help you find it! My Dad would find this useful, as would many travellers as they pack their bags.
Google Netherlands introduced the self-driving bicycle in Amsterdam, the world’s premier cycling city. The self-driving bicycle enables safe navigation through the city for Amsterdam residents, and furthers Google’s ambition to improve urban mobility.
Lyft introduced “Prank Mode” where you could get a lyft car and driver to play a prank on a friend.
Duolingo announced a pillow that would teach you a foreign language while one sleeps. I like it!
- From Pyrénées station to Alpes => In a concern for balance in promoting French mountain ranges
- Opéra station -> Aperitif
- Alexandre Dumas -> The Three Musketeers => due to copyright issues
- Crimée–> Crimée Châtiment afterFyodor Dostoyevsky’s Crime and Punishment
- Telegraph station-> #Tweet => To reflect Paris is a smart city
Any I have missed? Which ones did you most like?