I have to be honest, I am in love with the A380. After 12 A380 flights with six airlines over 120,000km, I am hanging out to add more airlines to my A380 experience. This week it is British Airways turn as they add a Heathrow to Los Angeles A380 route (operating as BA268 and 269).
British Airways Senior First Officer Peter Nye takes you on a tour of British Airways new A380 aircraft. It certainly whets your appetite for the real thing.
The BA A380 will have 469 seats in a four class set up:
1. BA First Class – 14 “mini-suites” all on the lower level. Each seat will have a pitch of 78″ and Width: 21″
2. Club World Business – 44 seats on lower level arranged 2-4-2 and 53 seats upstairs arranged 2-3-2. Pitch: 73″ Width: 20″ Upper deck looks like the better pick. Check out the lavatory!
3. World Traveller Plus premium economy – 55 seats upstairs arranged 2-3-2. Pitch: 38″ Width: 18.5″
4. World Traveller economy has 199 seats downstairs arranged 3-4-3 and 104 seats upstairs arranged in a much nicer 2-4-2 setup (that is where I will try and sit if I am in Economy). Pitch: 31″ Width: 17.5″
- A380 arrives at Thai this week
- Introducing the British Airways A380