Presentations and discussions at the event organised by CAPA (Centre for Aviation) addressed Open skies, Subsidies, Ownership, Alliances, Distribution and Productivity.
In the midst of the event were announcements for CAPA’s 2015 Aviation awards:
- Ethiopian – Airline of the Year for their leadership in the African market.
- IndiGo – CAPA Low Cost Airline of the Year
- Qantas -the CAPA Airline Turnaround of the Year
- Qantas CEO Alan Joyce named CAPA Airline Chief Executive of the Year vindicating his last few year’s decisions, many of which I was not happy with!
- Budapest Airport in Hungary who managed to survive the collapse of Malev, the country’s flag carrier in 2012 and expanded, is CAPA’s Airport of the Year
- Athens Airport CEO Dr Yiannis Paraschis – Airport Chief Executive of the Year
- Vancouver Airport Authority won Airport Product Innovation for BorderXpress, an automated passport control system
- IBS won the Airline Product Innovation of the Year for iCargo.