Until 6th August, they are have a deal to extend Gold status in their Etihad Guest” Frequent Flyer program to any Australian who holds Gold (or higher status) with any international airline but Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines.
Gold with Etihad gets you:
- 50 precent more miles on every Etihad flight
- access to business class lounges run by Etihad, Virgin Australia, Air Berlin, Singapore airlines and other carriers for the Gold card holder and guest
- 15kg additional baggage allowance
- priority baggage handling
- Business Class check in and priority through immigration
There are five conditions to be eligible for this deal:
- You have to be a member of the Etihad Guest loyalty program
- You have to hold gold or higher status with any airline except Virgin Australia and Singapore
- You have to prove that you are an Australian resident
- You have to have show that you have flown in business or first class to Europe or the Middle East at least twice in the past 12 months with “ticket copies, boarding cards or loyalty program statements“
- You get everything to Etihad by midnight of the 6th of August, 2014
More information from Etihad. The airline have said that the number of matches they will give out is limited but it does not feel that by their marketing push. For example, I have been interested that this ad has been appearing every day on my Facebook feed:
Etihad is the national airline of the United Arab Emirates and is based in Abu Dhabi. They compete closely with Emirates. They held a four star rating with Skytrax before withdrawing from the Skytrax rating system in June this year. Passenger reviews on Skytrax give them 59%. I rate them at 73% compared with my 92% rating for Emirates.
All views in this post are my own and do not represent my employer. I do not receive commission for this offer and I only recommend deals that I would choose for myself