I know that Iceland has been somewhat topical with a volcano threatening to blow! It is also one of the most amazing stunning and interesting places, I have ever visited. I have been hankering to go back since my visit there five years ago. On top of that I well and truly want to see the phenomenon known as the Northern Lights.
Many years ago, I had the privilege of watching the “Southern Lights” ( Aurora Australis) in Tasmania, Australia. the shimmering, dancing colours is an image I will never forget. My appetite is whetted for their Northern equivalent.
This “Great Value Vacations” package offers airfare and four nights accommodation from USA for $899 is a great deal between January to March.Bookings must be made by August 29.
- Round-trip economy class airfare to Reykjavik/Keflavik (KEF) from NYC and Boston. You can fly from other cities
- airport transfers via the Flybus Airport Shuttle which delivers you from the airport to hotel door- its a great service
- 4 nights in Reykjavik at the Reykjavik Lights hotel which Tripadvisor users rate at 89%. It is 3km (2 Mlles) from downturn meaning taxi or bus will be necessary,
- Daily breakfast (a big money saving in Iceland)
- Reykjavik city sightseeing tour
- Northern Lights Tour which departs at 9pm or 10pm and lasts for three hours
- free time to explore the city
I priced the package separately. Icelandair was selling NYC to Reykjavik for $63o return and the Reykjavik Lights hotel cost $728 for four nights. Icelandair were also selling a similar priced package but it was for three nights and they did not include breakfast. I found availability for the Great Value Vacations tour through most departure dates. I could not see a way of easily extending a stay on the website which is what i would want to do.
They do offer an extra day tour for $US125 which I would take up. It makes the whole package $1024. The tour goes to the amazing Gulfooss waterfall (above), Geysir geothermal area and Thingvellir National Park and Fontana’s natural steam baths. I would also try and do a second Northern Lights tour!
As mentioned, the company selling this package is Great Value Vacations, 486 Sunrise Hwy, Suite 200 Rockville Centre, NY 11570. I have not dealt with them before and have no connection with them. Contact: email@example.com OR 800-896-4600
Where you will find McDonalds?
12 Places to celebrate Christmas
Airports of the World: Reykjavik
Any idea if they offer business or fist class upgrade? How do you price that on their Website?