I am a runner and one of the most fun things I like doing whilst traveling is running in different cities. I have run as far south as Dunedin, New Zealand and as far north as Reykjavik, Iceland. Even more than just running in a city is participating in a Fun Run in a city, I am visiting. As I staggered up a hill in Sydney, Australia during a “fun” run, I reflected on the runs I have most enjoyed participating in. I managed to work out my six favourites (two tie for third place):
5. The Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon (10 and 21km distances). Next event: December 2019
4. Paris Half Marathon 21.3 km. Next event: Sunday 10 March, 2019
3. The Cadbury Run, Hobart, Tasmania (10 and 21 km). Next Event Sunday 13 January 2019
and 3. the San Francisco Bay to Breakers: 12km. Next Event: 19th May 2019
2. Sun Herald City to Surf, Sydney,Australia: 14km.
- Bloomsday Race, Spokane Washington. 12km (7.46 miles). Next Event:Sunday 5th May, 2019
I have run this five times and it is my all time favourite race in the world. It is friendly, fun and scenic.
Any other runners? What are your favourite places to run? Your favourite fun runs?