It has taken a while but I am finally going to fly on a 787! I am booked in mid-June for the three hour 15 minute Trans Tasman hop from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand in LAN’s Premium Business Class.
LAN are one of my favourite airlines and I am looking forward to their lunch time service! Reviewers compliment their service, meals and wine, and entertainment selection.
This flight will mean I have flown on every type of Boeing 7 series aircraft:
- 707 first in 1971 with BOAC (British Overseas Airways Corporation)
- 717 -first flown 2001 with Impulse (now part of Qantas)
- 727 – first flown in 1970 with Alitalia
- 737 -first flown 1991 with Air New Zealand
- 747- first flown 1971 with Pan Am
- 757-first flown 2002 with Delta
- 767 – first flown 1990 with Ansett Australia
- 777 -first flown 2005 with American Airlines