I am curious to know how many people have flown at least one flight with every one of the 13 member carriers of the One World Airline alliance?
There cannot be many fliers who have can claim to have checked off every One World Airline. As of now, I have now traveled with every One World airline except for S7.
This alliance has taken me 37 times around the world, a a total of 1.5 million kilometres (968,000 miles). Altogether, that has been aboard 582 flights. From Hobart to Helsinki and Hawaii to Hong Kong and 150 other cities in between!
A huge chunk (two-thirds) of that travel has been with Qantas, followed by American and Cathay.
Next month, I will be able to claim that I have traveled with every One World partner, after I take four S7 flights from Europe to Asia, across Russia.
I also hasten to add that I have also traveled on ex One World members Aer Lingus, Air Berlin and Malev. Can I get a certificate or something?
My least favourite? American- although people tell me they have improved. I will find out in December.
By contrast I have traveled with just ten of the 28 Star Alliance carriers. I do have flights booked for later in 2019 with ANA, Eva and TAP, none of which I have ever flown before so that total will reach 13. Over at Skyteam, I have ridden with just six of the 19 members there.
- 2016’s Best flight: My 380th Qantas flight in A380 FIRST
- The world’s best airline: Qatar Airways Economy Dubai to Doha
- Malaysia Airlines Airbus 330 Business to Kuala Lumpur
- Who is the best One World airline?
- Small plane, Big Service to Amman: Royal Jordanian’s Economy
- Cathay Pacific Business Short Hop: Bangkok to Singapore
- Comparing One World Emerald and Sapphire