My goal is to enjoy both travel and destination.
I am constantly looking for ways to save money, speed up airport experiences, have better travel experiences and effectively explore my world or find ways of relaxing.
One of the reasons I blog, is to share these tips that I learn along the way.
In order of popularity, these were my travel tips that I shared each Monday last year:
- Getting Exercise- A walking guide to world airports
- Avoiding weight scale shock
- We travellers must reduce trash this was a post that I thought would be fairly straight forward but some people took quite strong umbrage that they held any responsibility for preventing litter or cleaning up after themselves. I even got hate mail from a very “nice” troll. Seriously?! I am not shirking from my belief that we all have must reduce our environmental impact.
- What’s that code? The ultimate airport decoder lists – some readers needed to understand what I mean by “mysterious”! I was not befuddled by the name. After all, I first flew through BOM before many readers were born! A little less abuse please!
- All about Airline Special Meals-after flying for so many years, I was curious to try and understand what all of the meal options were and who offered them. vegetarian? Gluten Free? A fish lover? Then this guide is for you!
- Special Meals Decoded- Descriptions and Ticketing Codes– a continutaion of the last post, I delved into what the actual codes that appear on your booking meal space mean. This is one way of ensuring you sound like a travel pro, ask the right questions and get the meal you want!
- All about Flight Numbers & Airline Codes
- Know your Emergency Response Numbers– this is one we all hope we never need but better to be pre warned. What is the emergency code for police in the next overseas country you are visiting? No it is NOT automatically 911 and no, your cell phone won’t automatically connect to the local emergency number. This is a feature that needs to come though. In the meantime, print this list
- The A to Z of what NOT to pack in your baggage – thought the Samsung 7 was the only dangerous item on planes? See that expression on my face, that is me switching between amazement and fury as I watch check in staff or security remove bizarre or dangerous items from your luggage!
- Flying like a Fijian -tips for all airline passengers, I reckon -this fun video from Fiji Airways should be shown to all passengers of all airlines at airport gates before people fly
- Tips for Thailand during Royal Mourning – unexpected events can happen anytime. In the case of a major national tragedy, travellers need to be prepared to make adjustments to behaviours. These adjustments can build powerful connections and result in deeper understandings for visitors. The death of the long standing Thai monarch was such an example
- Navigating Airports – My favourite Apps
- Impressive Packing: 12 months (130 items) of necessities into a carry on– I think I do well with my luggage but in this video, I am beaten in a way that I cannot fully emulate! I am working on it.
- Airline route maps in one spot– something I find useful and interesting but did not grab popular attention this year!