What would you consider to be the ten best views from the air?
British Airways asked their pilots who fly 180 routes globally to nominate their top ten:
- Northern Lights- I’d love to see them!
- Central London – Approach into Heathrow (I wonder how much that is about BA pilots coming home?)
- Mont Blanc – Pisa
- Sydney Harbour – on departure from Sydney, Australia
- Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and bay – San Francisco
- Greenland – North Atlantic flights
- Venetian canals – Venice, Italy
- Cape Town, Table Mountain, South Africa
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Mount Fuji
The survey comes hot on PrivateFly’s annual “best airport approaches” poll.
What would you consider to be your top ten sights from the air? Mine are:
- Sydney on arrival or departure
- Queenstown, New Zealand (which BA do not fly to)
- The Turkish mountains including Mount Ararat
- Flying into Venice (I kept pinching myself that it was “real“!)
- London City, UK
- Flying over New Zealand especially if one can see Mount Ruapehu
- San Francisco Bay
- The Alps
- Oahu, Hawaii, USA
- Great Plains, USA