I am filling in my globe with all of the countries, territories and regions I have visited. With the addition of Russia this week, I have made it to 77 countries. I only count a country if I have left the airport. So while, I have transited through Doha and Johannesburg airports, I do not include Qatar and South South Africa in my tally.
I have been to about two thirds of the countries in both Asia and Europe and exactly half of all the nations in the Oceania region of the planet. African exploration is lacking from my adventures with gaps across that continent. Eastern Europe and the “Stans” are relatively untouched.
My top seven favourite places in alphabetical order:
- Costa Rica- friendly people, scenery, interesting culture
- France – food, ease of travel, countryside, stunning cities, culture,
- Iceland- vistas like nothing else on the planet, the best hot chocolates I have ever met,
- Japan-great to get around lovely people, fascinating culture, mouthwatering food.
- New Zealand- gorgeous diverse landscapes, warm people, fascinating long standing Maori culture,
- Slovenia- stunning scenery, amazing food, friendly people,
- Switzerland – brilliantly organised, nice food, gorgeous entrancing scenery,
- Tawian- delicious food, warm people, great infrastructure,
What are your favourites? Where are you wanting to go to next? My next new country will be Estonia in December!